Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Challenge Lesson 10: Wrap Up

1. The biggest discovery I made in doing this challenge was really just learning more about all the different resources that we have available to us through the state library. I knew very little about a few of them like SIRS and Proquest, and would always suggest them to students when they were doing research projects. I feel now that I could really show them how beneficial these resources are and hopefully get them to use them more frequently. Another resource that I am so excited about using more in my library classes is Tumblebook. I know that my students will love listening/watching the books on our Smartboard and it is just such a great way to incorporate technology into my library lessons. I am really glad I completed this challenge and the information I gain through it will benefit not only me, but my students as well as public patrons.

2. I will use the resources such as Tumblebook in my library classes and Proquest and SIRS for my high school and middle school students as they are working on research projects and such. The teachers I feel would really benefit from the use of World Book in their classrooms, especially elementary, and I hope they will make use of this great resource.  I feel that I can promote the use of Ancestry Library as well as resources including Mango Languages for our public library patrons. We hosted a genealogy workshop at the library last fall and learned a lot of good sites to use in doing gemology research but knowing that we have free sites available to our patrons through the state library will be so great and very beneficial.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have fabulous discoveries from the Challenge. Your patrons and students will benefit from your knowledge of the e-resources. Thank you for all your work on the Challenge,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete